Friday, March 26, 2010

Nicknaming "Gotu"


Did u ever wonder, why have u been nicknamed "Gotu"? Why do Poonam, Amma and I not only call you gotu, but also the variations of the names (gotanna, gotru, gotgundu). When u arrived on July 9th, u gave a shocker to amma who had already decided male names and nicknames for you... phew, she had to contemplate over new names.

So, when you were at the hospital after birth, people called u different names - sonali, sonu, betu, monu, gundu and my all time favorite (amma called u while in hospital) "bablakki" - this name lead to uncontrollable laughter the moment it was uttered. We have no idea why and how she thought of this name, but she did. Well, thats amma for you!.

Poonam was called betu at home since childhood, and I was called mithoo, so for the new member of the family, we needed a name that rhymes and hence Gotu arrived.

Amma named you gotu! Actually she named u Goti - inspired by your huge goti-like eyes, which you've inherited from mommy.

Inititally I laughed at this nickname, later enjoyed calling u the same. Somehow goti appeared too feminine to me (when u'll know me, u will understand why I hate stereotypes) and hence I started with GOTU.

Poonam started calling u same, and so did some of ur relatives from ur paternal side. Pinki bua has also created an album on her Facebook profile - named Gotu :). So ur now gotu :D (for most of us).

Punnu, Payu, Gotu or Betu, Mithoo, Gotu :)

And I love this trilogy.



PS: the photo - one of my favorite - shows ur goti like eyes :)



No comments:

Post a Comment